The weapons, armor, and tools your characters bring on their mission can have a huge impact on how successful you are: a more robust piece of armor could turn a blade that would mean
death; a silencer attached to a laspistol might mean you aren't discovered, and pair of magnocs could help you witness a key event in your investigation.
Old Equipment Tags
All weapon tags from vanilla Dungeon World are still in use for Heresy World.
- Long: Ranged only. It is useful for attacking something beyond shouting distance. When attempting a shot at Long distance you take -1 on your roll.
- n Uses: Items with n Uses can be used n times before you must take a moment to reload.
- Scatter: Ranged only. Roll two damage die when at close range.
- Tearing: When dealing damage with this weapon roll an extra damage die and discard the lowest.
- n Rending: This weapons tears and destroys the target's defenses. The target's armor is reduced by n when they take wounds from this weapon.
- Silenced: The sound of this weapon firing is greatly reduced.
- Razor-sharp: When rolling any move that deals damage, this weapon ignores armor on a 10+.
- n Proven: This weapon always strikes true. When rolling for damage with this weapon, treat any roll below n as having rolled n.
- Power: Melee only. This item has a power field that can be activated. While active, you take the better of two rolls for damage and this item gains Messy.
- Rare: This item is rare and hard to locate. You might find one in a large city if you know where to look.
- Very Rare: This item is exceedingly hard to find. You might find one like it if you scour the galaxy.
- Laspistol: Near, Far, 3 uses, 15 thrones, 1 weight
- Stub Revolver: 1 weight, 2 uses, Long, Reach, Close
- Lasgun: Near, Far, Long, 4 uses, 40 thrones, 2 weight
- M36 Lasgun: Near, Far, Long, 4 uses, +1 damage, 60 thrones, 2 weight
- Double-barreled shotgun: Close, Near, Far, Scatter, 1 use, 35 thrones, 2 weight
- Pump action shotgun: Close, Near, Far, Scatter, 4 uses, 55 thrones, 2 weight
- Box of Ammo: 3 ammo, 1 throne, 1 weight
- Club: Close, 1 throne, 2 weight
- Dagger: Hand, 2 thrones, 1 weight
- Throwing Dagger: thrown, Near, 1 throne, 0 weight
- Short Sword, Axe, Mace: Close, 8 thrones, 1 weight
- Spear: Reach, thrown, Near, 5 thrones, 1 weight
- Long Sword, Battleaxe, Warhammer: Close, +1 damage, 15 thrones, 2 weight
- Halberd: Reach, +1 damage, two-handed, 9 thrones, 2 weight
- Rapier: Close, precise, 25 thrones, 1 weight
- Dueling Rapier: Close, precise, 25 thrones, 1 weight
- Chainsword: Close, Tearing, 1 rending, Rare, 2 weight
- Leather Armor, Chainmail: 1 armor, 1 weight, Worn, 10 thrones
- Flak Armor: 2 armor, 2 weight, 50 thrones, Worn
- Carapace Armor: 3 armor, Worn, clumsy, 4 weight, 350 thrones
- Shield: +1 armor, 1 weight, Worn
- Fire Bomb: d6 damage, Reach radius
This device not only ignites a fiery explosion on impact, it also covers the area in fire for a short period of time.
- Frag Grenade: 2d6 damage, Close radius
Frag grenades sent out a savage spray of shrapnel perfect for tearing through enemy personnel.
- Krak Grenade: 2d4 damage, +2 piercing, Hand radius, 1 rending
Krak grenades are designed to punch through thick walls and robust armor. Perfect against fortified positions, vehicles, and heavily armored foes.
- Smoke Grenade: Near radius
Covers an area in dense smoke for 2d4 minutes
- Stun Grenade: Reach radius
Emits a loud noise and a bright flash, temporarily disabling or confusing those caught in the blast.
5 uses, 20 thrones, 1 weight: Field gear is a collection of useful mundane items such as chalk, poles, spikes, ropes, etc. When you rummage through your field gear for some useful mundane item, you find what you need and mark off a use.
3 uses, slow, 5 thrones, 0 weight: When you have a few minutes to bandage someone else’s wounds, heal them of 4 damage and expend a use.
2 uses, slow, 10 thrones, 1 weight: When you carefully treat someone's wounds with a medicae kit, heal them of 7 wounds and expend a use.
1 weight: You can eat it
1 weight: A communication device that allows you to talk to others nearby on the same frequency. Has some basic encryption available.
2 weight: A more powerful vox unit that allows its user to boost the signal to reach ships in orbit of a planet. It has a more robust encryption method than the regular vox unit.
0 weight: A smaller more discreet version of the vox unit that tucks into the ear of its wearer.
1 weight: A hand-held scanning device capable of reading various signatures through a solid surface. The range is fairly limited and it might not always give the most detailed readouts.
2 weight: The siege auspex is the more advanced version of the regular auspex, with an increase range, more detailed readings, and more signatures to scan for.
0 weight: This small device hooks onto the wearer's belt and shoots out a magnetic hook to greatly assist in climbing or descending steep terrain.